Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Are YOU ready to get AMPED?

What is this?

Ever wanted to help out with cancer research but never knew exactly how? With Amped 4-A-Cure (http://www.amped4acure.org/), it is a movement, raising funds to support cancer research through the universal language of music. The beauty of Amped-4-A-Cure is that it can be tied to anything music related. You don’t have to be musically inclined or talented to appreciate it. I listen to music daily in the morning while I'm getting ready, or in the car on my way to work, specifically while I workout or run. (Seriously, I do not leave home without my iPod!)


On Novemeber 7th 2010 (that's only 8 weeks away! in case you was counting), I'll be running the Battleship Half Marathon (13.1 miles) in Wilmington NC. I'm hoping to use this as an opportunity to bring awareness to Amped-4-A-Cure and to raise whatever amount of money I can for cancer research. Everyone has been impacted by cancer in one way or another, directly or indirectly… Here is OUR chance to make a difference. If interested in sponsoring me, even if it is $1 per mile I finish (seriously thats only $13!), Please do not hesitate to contact me and help make this movement of cancer research even larger than it already has become. We are in the process to set up a PayPal account and a "Text to Donate" line... So please check back soon!

There is so much more to come from this blog (I'll explain a lot in future blogs... my underlying drive, my personal encounters with cancer, how I got involved with Amped 4-A-Cure, etc etc). I'm not only hoping to get a following of people who are also interested in supporting cancer research and eager to make an impact but broaden the scope of people that Amped 4-A-Cure reaches. I'm using myself as a vehicle to bring awareness to this organization and cancer research.

I'm looking forward to this journey and getting suggestions on new music to add to my playlist to get me through the grueling workouts and the actual race!

So I ask you all, Are YOU ready to get AMPED?


xoxo

Mary Jo



1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! Making large STRIDES towards a great goal...hitting the ground running is what we should all be doing. Thank you for your passion and doing this....EVERY person can make a difference!

    ReplyDelete