Monday, September 20, 2010

"One good thing about music, when it hits - you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

“Part of what gets us through hard times is music…” - President Obama presenting the Gershwin Prize to Paul McCartney in June 2010.

Whether it's celebrating a promotion, or sulking over a bad day, or just having a random mix on while cleaning the house, music has a place in all of our lives. Music can represent moments in our lives that we will recall every time we hear that song, whether good or bad.

For me, I use music every day to get through my workouts and runs. And I'd never make it a mile if I didn't have music to get me through it.

So I'm calling on all of you to suggest new songs, albums, playlists, whatever for me to add to my collection. I’m up for seriously any kind of music, it does not matter. There'll be no judgment or discrimination placed on suggestions, so don’t hesitate to throw something crazy out there! My dad has already started out by suggesting a playlist from his own iPod, it's called his “Money” playlist, for obvious reasons.

Money playlist:

If Dirt Were Dollars – Don Henley

Money Talks – JJ Cale

M-O-N-E-Y – Lyle Lovett

Mercedes Benz – Janis Joplin & the Full Tilt Boogie band

Taxman – The Beatles

For the love of Money – The O’jays

You Never Give Me Your Money – The Beatles

Gotta Serve Somebody – Bob Dylan

Money For Nothing – Dire Straits

Just Got Paid – ZZ Top

Nobody Knows You when You’re Down & Out – Eric Clapton

It’s Money That I Love – Randy Newman


I am up for anything, so give it to me! You can post here on the blog or on my facebook page !


xoxo

Mary Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment