Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ready to Run

CURRENTLY PLAYING: VH1 Classic Rock Fest on VH1 including: Guns & Roses, Led Zeppelin, Billy idol, & so many more great artists.

I’m so excited for today that I could barely sleep last night! First things first… Check out the new widget I added on the left side bar that allows each and every one of you to directly donate to Amped 4-a-Cure. It’s as easy as picking an amount and clicking Give! So I’ll have no excuses on why you haven’t donated to cancer research.

The other reason I’m so excited for today is because it’s RACE DAY!!! I’m like a kid on Christmas morning right now. The race is at 6:30 in downtown Wilmington, NC to benefit the Historic Wilmington Foundation. It starts and finishes at the Convention Center and goes along the Riverwalk. It would be great to see some of your smiling faces (specifically at the top of Nun St, after the grueling hill that will probably take everything out of me). And in case you missed my last blog I am donating my finishing time in dollars to Amped 4-a-Cure. You can check back tonight to see exactly how much that ends up being. Let’s stop waiting for things to happen and start making them happen.

By the way, in case you didn’t know:

The odds of YOU getting cancer in your lifetime: 1 in 2 men. 1 in 3 women.

(Look around next time you are in a crowd if you want to put that into perspective!)

Female runners cut their risks of developing breast and uterine cancer by 50%

Male Runners lower their risks of prostate, colon and kidney cancer significantly.

Tips of today:

DRINK WATER: There is absolutely nothing in water that will kill you (well as far as I know), unlike aspartame in diet drinks which has been linked to cancer and memory loss or like alcoholic beverages which can cause negative effects on your liver and other organs.

EAT A HANDFUL of ALMONDS: This fun nut is proven to slim your waist line, slimmer waist line not only attracts the opposite sex (always a plus) BUT reduces your risk of heart disease… seems like a win-win to me!

Alright I’m off to have hearty lunch to prepare my body for tonight and get myself mentally ready to run my best!

xoxo

Mary Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment